Melissa Marriott brings order and style to garden storage, using Resene paints, old crates and hardware store basics.
What you need to spruce up your shed with Resene
Spruce up your garden shed and give it a new lease on life. Melissa Marriott has the perfect guide to transforming your garden storage with just a few basic tools and some Resene paint. From a colourful pegboard to upcycled crates and stylish planter pots, this guide will bring order and style to your garden shed, making it a space you’ll be proud to show off. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to tackle this exciting DIY project! Here is what you’re going to need:
- A large pegboard
- Sellotape Everyday Masking Tape
- Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen waterborne enamel in your chosen Resene colours (we used Resene Valentine, Resene Moondance, Resene Kombucha and Resene Good To Go)
- Resene Dacron roller sleeve, with roller handle and roller tray
- Resene drop sheet
- Assorted pegboard hooks
- Old beer crates
- Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen waterborne enamel in your chosen Resene colours
- Resene sandpaper, 120 grit
- Resene MacGyver paintbrush plant pots
- Terracotta pots
- Resene FX Blackboard Paint test pot
- Resene test pot brush
1. Using masking tape, section off the pegboard to suit the needs of your shed. (A)
2. Using Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen waterborne enamel in your chosen Resene colours, paint each section a different colour using the roller. (B)
3. Once dry, peel off the masking tape. (C)
4. Arrange the pegboard hooks to suit your gardening equipment.
1. To upcycle old crates into storage boxes, first sand them. (D)
2. Create a cohesive look by painting the crates in the same colours as the pegboard. (E)
DIY Planter pots
1. Apply masking tape under the lip of the terracotta pots.
2. Use a test pot brush to apply Resene FX Blackboard Paint around the tops of the pots. (F)
3. Once dry, use chalk to label your plants – an ideal way to grow and display kitchen herbs. (G)
For more project ideas and inspiration visit your local Resene ColorShop
By following these easy DIY techniques, you can now breathe new life into your old garden shed and turn it into a stylish and organized space. Resene paints offer endless possibilities for colour and design, making it easy to create a cohesive look throughout your shed. From a colourful pegboard to upcycled crates and stylish planter pots, these simple yet effective projects will give your shed a fresh new look. So, why not get started today and create a garden shed that you can be proud of?
PHOTOGRAPHY: REUBEN LOOI