THIS salad…is so darn good I have to share it with you. It’s jam-packed with bursts of flavour and texture and I do love using a wholegrain as the backbone for a salad.
Are you ready to take your taste buds on an adventure? Look no further than this Grain & Greens Salad recipe! Packed with an explosion of flavors and textures, this salad is sure to become a staple in your recipe repertoire. Using freekeh, a Middle Eastern grain, as the base, this salad is high in protein and fiber while still being satisfyingly chewy and nutty. Roasted grapes, thinly sliced roasted red peppers, chopped roasted almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and feta all come together in a deliciously fresh and healthy salad that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to make a salad that will make your taste buds sing!
- 1 cup freekeh (can use farro, barley or quinoa)
- 1 cup grapes
- 3 cups rocket
- 2 roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Big handful each of basil and mint
- ½ cup chopped roasted almonds
- ¼ cup each pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 100g feta
- Lemon wedges to serve
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of one juicy orange
- ½ teaspoon salt and a decent grind of black pepper
- Boiling freekeh in 3 cups of well-salted water until tender but still chewy – about 30 minutes. Drain and cool. This can be done ahead of time.
- Whilst grains cook, roast grapes at 160 C for 30-45 minutes. Cool.
- When ready to serve, whisk the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss in everything else except the feta and lemon wedges and turn to coat in the dressing. Top with feta, scatter lemon wedges over top and serve.