Introducing Nespresso Vertuo Pop. Discover Nespresso’s newest and most compact Vertuo machine, available in a range of vibrant colours to match your style and elevate your coffee corner.
Take your first step into Nespresso and receive $80 coffee credit*. Transform your coffee ritual by exploring a full range of coffee styles to suit any moment.
Coffee is a versatile ingredient that adds depth and complexity to all desserts. Its rich and robust flavour complements a range of sweet treats. Every good dessert deserves some strong good quality Nespresso coffee.
Nespresso Tiramisu Coffee Cake
- 6 large eggs
- Decent pinch of salt
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 cups cooled espresso shot from the Nespresso Vertuo Pop
- Cocoa for dusting
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 300g mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500ml cream
1. Heat oven to 170°C fan bake. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins.
2. In a small bowl sweeten the cooled Nespresso espresso shot with 2 tablespoons of sugar
3. In the large bowl of a mixer, beat the eggs and salt until creamy. Add the sugar and beat further until thick and pale – this can take 5-7 minutes so be patient. Sift in flour and baking powder and gently fold to combine, adding in the melted butter towards the end. Pour into the lined tins – I weigh them to make sure the mixture is evenly divided.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cakes spring back to the touch. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes before turning out to cool completely.
5.When ready to assemble, make the mascarpone filling by whisking together icing sugar, mascarpone and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add the cream and whisk on low, then gradually increase the speed to medium. Watch it carefully as you want it to be thick enough to hold a stiff peak but not over-whipped or curdled.
6. To assemble, slice each cooled sponge through the middle so you have four layers. Place one layer on a serving plate. Brush over or use a squeeze bottle to drench the layer with about a quarter of the coffee. Top this with a quarter of the mascarpone filling. Repeat for the next three layers. Chill for a few hours or overnight.
7. To serve, liberally dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder
Enjoy your Nespresso-infused sponge cake with mascarpone filling!
This is the perfect little sweet treat – vanilla ice cream drowned in Nespresso coffee from the latest Vertuo Nespresso Machine and topped with toasted crushed hazelnuts.
- ½ cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Strong nespresso coffee shot
- Good quality vanilla ice cream
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into small, pre-chilled glasses or cups.
- Pour over the shot of Nespresso from your favourite flavoured pod over the top.
- Top with hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately
Visit The Release and enter to win amazing prizes!
Promotion ends 31 May 2023. T&Cs apply.
*Terms and conditions apply. Visit nespresso.com for T&Cs.