Enjoy a taste of homegrown goodness with this dish by Michael and Bee Van de Elzen.
1⁄2 crown pumpkin, in wedges
1 tablespoon oil
4 cups chickpeas, soaked
5 leaves silverbeet, stalks removed
5 leaves kale, stalks removed
1 cup dates, chopped
1 cup mint, chopped
1 lemon, zested and juiced
5 spring onion green tops, finely sliced
2 soft boiled eggs
1 tablespoon miso
4 tablespoons orange juice
Juice of 1 lemon
10 mint leaves
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
300ml grapeseed oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place pumpkin wedges onto an oven tray, drizzle with oil and season with sea salt. Place into oven on fan bake for 12 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. Place the chickpeas into a pot of water and bring to the boil. Turn down and continue to cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat a frypan and add a touch of oil before sautéing the silverbeet quickly, then the kale.
4. In a large bowl, combine greens and chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients, except pumpkin. Season to taste.
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil and carefully drop in the eggs. Time for 5 minutes before removing and placing in iced water until cold.
2. Carefully roll the eggs, breaking the shell before peeling. (Good luck!)
3. Place all the ingredients, apart from the oil, into the blender and turn on slowly before turning up and slowly drizzling in the oil. Season with salt and pepper if required.
4. Dress the chickpea mix with some of the miso emulsion. Arrange the pumpkin on the platter with the salad on top. Serve with extra dressing.