It’s time to take the hassle out of hair removal. We talk to the experts at Caci and answer all your top laser hair removal questions.
1. How much can I expect to pay for laser hair removal?
It depends on the area you treat. Pricing starts at $19 per week, up to $45 per week. At Caci, we make it easy and accessible by letting you pay for your treatments in a way that suits you with our Freedom membership; you can pay in weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments. When you join our Freedom Laser Hair Removal membership, you also get access to exclusive member-only benefits, such as member prices, free facials, discounts and access to our payment plan.
2. How many sessions will I need?
For best results, we recommend eight treatments, five to six weeks apart. Under our Freedom membership, our team will put together a treatment schedule and payment plan that best suits you. Caci offers an exclusive hair-free guarantee too – find out if you’re eligible during a free consultation.
3. Does it hurt?
At Caci, we offer hair removal with a diode laser. It’s fast and has a cooling tip, which means less pain – most people describe it as uncomfortable rather than painful. Plus, we pride ourselves on performing the treatments quickly and safely, so they’re over in no time.
4. When will I start to see results?
Within one to two weeks of your treatment, some hairs may begin to fall out, then after your second or third treatment, you may start to see results. Keep in mind that everybody is different and results will vary. Our team will recommend the best treatment schedule for you to treat your hair in its anagen ‘growing’ phase, so you get the best results.
5. Is laser hair removal suitable for everyone?
Because laser removal works by targeting the pigment in the hair, we see the best results with dark hair. Blonde, red and grey hair is more difficult to remove, given its lighter pigment. Some underlying medical conditions or medications may exclude you from treatment as they can make the result harder to predict, however, we recommend coming in for a free consultation so we can assess your suitability.
6. What do I need to do to prepare for my treatments?
Laser hair removal can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so you should avoid and minimise sun exposure for several weeks before and after treatments, and ideally throughout your treatment cycle.
7. What are the big dos and don’ts?
- Do apply sunblock regularly to the areas you’re treating. Sun exposure can increase the risk of burning and hyperpigmentation from your laser treatments, so it’s important to ensure your skin is protected.
- Do shave before and between your appointments. At Caci, we treat areas that are clean-shaven.
- Don’t expose treatment areas to the sun.
- Don’t apply fake tan to treatment areas before treatments. The best results are achieved when the laser can easily distinguish between the pigment in your hair and the pigment in your skin.
The team at Caci have a special offer on Laser Hair Removal this February: treat two areas for the price of one on the Freedom membership! To book your free consultation, visit caci.co.nz.