Spruce up your outdoor area for spring soirées in the sun with a simple but stylish rug you can personalise with your own design.
You will need:
• Resene dropcloth
• Resene decorator’s sponge
• Resene masking tape
• Your choice of Resene paints – we used:
• Resene Hullabaloo
• Resene Niagara
• Resene California
• Resene Cream Can
• Your preferred measuring tools
1. Design a pattern for your rug (A).
2. Protect your floor by putting down a Resene dropcloth.
3. Find the centre of your rug and mark with tape (B).
4. Tape the pattern onto the rug, leaving the areas you wish to paint bare, and covering the areas you want unpainted. Use scissors to cut clean corners on the tape (C).
5. Using a Resene Decorator’s Sponge, press your chosen Resene paint colours over the bare sections of rug (D-E).
6. Once dry, remove the tape (F-G).
7. If you wish to add more to your pattern, repeat steps 4 through 6 using more of the same colours or adding new Resene colours (H).”
For more project ideas and inspiration, visit your Resene ColorShop resene.co.nz/colorshops.
PHOTOGRAPHY: REUBEN LOOI