Head chef of Brown Brothers, Bodee Price from Brown Brother has created a beautiful King Fish dish – Raw Kingfish, fennel, caper leaf, horseradish recipe. Brown Brothers Restaurant is nestled in Brown Brothers Vineyard. You can dine alfresco under market umbrellas overlooking the vines, or indoors in a warm and welcoming vibe ideal for enjoying dishes from a menu showcasing freshly picked produce from the kitchen garden alongside estate wines.
This recipe serves 2.
- 160g Kingfish
- 1 baby fennel head
- 1 small stick fresh horseradish
- 1 juice of 1 large lemon
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 caper leaf in oil
- 6 bronze fennel fronds
- Slice baby fennel with a mandolin or using a knife as thin as you can
- Slice the caper leaf as thin as you can
- Dressing the shaved fennel liberally in lemon juice and olive oil
- Slice Hiramasa Kingfish into sashimi pieces and lay them on a plate
- Cover the kingfish in the sliced caper leaf
- Place the fennel over the kingfish and using the lemon juice and oil dress the dish
- Using a micro plane, liberally grate horseradish over the whole dish and garnish with the bronze fennel
- Serve with your Raw Kingfish with your favourite Brown Brothers wine.