When Euro opened 22 years ago, it was a pioneer in New Zealand and quickly became one of Auckland’s lauded fine-dining spots – with all the emphasis placed on delivering exquisite cuisine. Euro went on to re-define the dining scene once again, placing an emphasis on culture and art. Euro no longer exists, but the legacy is as relevant now as it ever was.
All England Club
- 45ml Beefeater Pink Gin
- 15ml Crème de Coco
- 5ml Campari
- 30ml lemon cardamom cordial
- 20ml Strawberry Shott
- 75ml Soda
- Add all ingredients except soda to shaker and shake with ice cubes.
- Strain into a tall glass over fresh ice, top with 75ml of soda
- Garnish with a citrus coin.
Rosemary & Rue
- 45ml Rosemary and plum infused Angostura 7 Rum
- 15ml Plum Wine
- 20ml lime
- 15ml 2:1 honey syrup
- 1ml saline
- Add all ingredients to shaker.
- Shake with ice, double strain in to chilled Nick n Nora glass
- Garnish with Rosemary tip.
- 60ml ginger infused Martini Bianco
- 2.5ml rose water
- 10ml Disaronno
- 20ml pink lady apple juice
- 3 x eyedropper of ginger bitters
- Add all ingredients to mixing glass, stir over ice to dilute.
- Strain into glass over ice block. Spray rose water over the top of the drink and garnish with a dried rose bud.
Euro’s European Highball
- 45ml marmalade infused saffron gin*
- 15ml Aperol
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- 5ml saffron balsamic vinegar
- 60ml soda water
- Add all the ingredients except the soda water to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously with ice for no longer than 10 seconds.
- Fill your highball glass with ice.
- Make sure the glass is packed to the brim with ice!
- Strain the cocktail into your prepared glass.
- Top with soda water and garnish with an orange zest.
*To make marmalade infused saffron gin
- 250g Saffron Gin
- 100g good quality marmalade
- Add both the gin and the marmalade to a sealable container.
- Leave to infuse for 24 hours, gently shaking the mix every now and then to encourage the infusion.