Winter has truly arrived, and what better way to warm yourself up than with a delicious hot drink! Mulled wine doesn’t just have to be a Christmas beverage – the cold months are actually the best time to enjoy the spiced brew. This super simple recipe below only takes 35 minutes and serves 7 people.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of Brown Brothers Dolcetto & Syrah
- 3/4 cup water (or orange juice)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 fresh orange
- 10 whole cloves
- Combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
- Slice the orange and push the cloves into the slices and place in the simmering water. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Pour in the Dolcetto & Syrah, and heat until steaming but not boiling. Serve hot in mugs or jars that have been preheated in warm water (cold jars will break).
Related Article: 3 Delicious Recipes from Polly Markus