Stylist Elizabeth Rima takes an old lamp and gives it a rustic, colourful new look.
What you need:
- An old floor lamp
- Funnels (approximately 14)
- Fabric drop sheet
- Masking tape
- Resene EzyFill Quick
- Putty knife
- Resene sandpaper sheet
- Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen waterborne enamel in chosen colour (we used Resene Half Hairy Heath)
- Resene MacGyver all-purpose paint brush
1. Cut the funnels right through, so that you will be able to fit them over the lamp pole.
2. Put the floor lamp on the fabric drop sheet.
3. Place funnels on the lamp pole so that the wide ends are together.
4. Continue placing the funnels until the pole is covered to the desired height.
5. Use masking tape to tape all the funnels together. Tape both the wide and pointed ends.
6. Use Resene EzyFill Quick to plaster the funnels, pole and base. You can either go for a textured look or make it smoother. Leave it to dry thoroughly.
7. Sand any rough edges until you have the desired look.
8. Paint the lamp using Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen waterborne enamel in your chosen colour (we used Resene Half Hairy Heath) and leave to dry thoroughly before applying a second coat.