This non-alcoholic punch is a delicious refreshing bev I dreamed up for my mocktail mates. I love the mint, tea and berry combo and it’s not too sweet either. Try it with ginger ale for another twist!
Makes 5 drinks
5 berry teabags
1 cup boiling water
1 Tbsp honey
1 cup frozen or fresh berries
Juice of 1 lemon
1 handful fresh mint
4 cups soda water
1. Place teabags in a small jug, add boiling water and allow to brew for 5 minutes.
2. Remove teabags, giving them a good squeeze.
3. Add honey to jug and stir to dissolve. Allow to cool.
4. Fill a large jug with ice. Add berries, lemon juice and mint.
5. Add honey tea and top with soda water. Serve immediately.
Bestselling author Cherie Metcalfe is a trained chef and the creator of Pepper & Me, a successful food brand, with a range of delicious products that help make meal preparation easier and tastier. Pepper & Me’s range of products – including rubs, spices, butters, pastes and grinds – are sold online and via stockists nationwide. Cherie lives in Tauranga. Together: Food for Sharing is her second cookbook, with photography by Melanie Jenkins and styling by Jo Bridgford. (Allen & Unwin, RRP $49.95).