Let’s get one thing straight – puddings qualify as dinner when you’re living alone! Fruit crumbles are one of the easiest things to whip up for a solo diner – the trick is to use a dish that is small enough for one serve.
Serves 1 with enough left over for brekky
1-2 cups chopped fruit, such as apples (no need to peel) and guavas or berries
1 heaped tablespoon each rolled oats, brown sugar, flour and butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the chopped fruit with a splash of water.
3. In a small bowl, rub together the rolled oats, sugar, flour and butter until the mixture resembles rustic crumbs.
4. Add the vanilla extract to the warm fruit and transfer to an ovenproof bowl.
5. Top the fruit with the crumble and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Perfect with whipped cream or ice cream!